Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Free Choice 4: Nicaragua Mission Trip Letter

April 25, 2008

 

 Hey Guys,

  I’m graduating this year! On June 26th this summer (my first summer out of high school!!), I am going to be taking a week-and-a-half mission trip to Nicaragua along with other members of the Summerville Church of Christ with the international Mision Para Cristo group heading us up. I am really looking forward to traveling to Nicaragua and meeting with people from a totally different culture than my own. It will be an enriching experience to encourage and show love to people in God’s name.

            Since this will be my first mission trip, I only have a rough idea of what to expect. I have talked to some people who went on the trip last year, and they filled me in with some of their experiences. On one trip, there was a small feeding program that they worked in, feeding large families for only a couple of U.S. dollars. On another trip, they took a school bus full of kids and treated them to lunch and much-needed play time.  There are many different ministries to work in while we’re there, so I’ll be busy the whole time. A couple of ministries that I’m really looking forward to helping with are the ‘Hope for the River’ ministry and the ‘Smile for a Child’ program. We will also be able to help in the schools, churches, and medical centers in whatever ways we can.

            To go on this mission trip, I need to raise $1,550 by June 10th, and to do that I need donations from anyone who is willing to give them. Checks can be made out to Summerville Church of Christ. If a money donation is just something that you cannot fit into your budget, then please donate in a different way. We can use anything that you can give, whether it’s clothes, blankets, or a product that can go into action to raise money. Any contribution you could make will be appreciated. This is a chance for you to help. Thank you so much for reading this letter, and I hope you have a great day!

 

Love Ya,

                                    Jordan Washington


No comments: